In the brief, quiet moments before the hours of torture He will endure, Jesus has one concern. He takes time to pray for you and me. In John 17 He prays:
- that His disciples will have a personal relationship with God and live in harmony together (vs. 11)
- that the Father will keep them holy in the midst of an evil world and show them the truth through the word (vs. 15-17)
- that these things be applied to every Christ follower (vs. 20)
- for those that haven’t seen Him, that they will believe Jesus is Lord (vs. 21)
- that all His followers will share in His reward; life eternal in Heaven (vs. 24)
Hebrews 7:25 reminds us that Jesus is still praying for us “seeing he ever liveth to make intercession”. Jesus bled and died and is still praying for you. Our Mighty Saviour can keep you from now to eternity.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling,
and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory
with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour,
be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.